26 Kyle Avenue
Mount Pearl, NL
Canada A1N 4R5
| ||May 17, 2010|
Author: Glen H. McKay
| ||Dear Reader,|
Many of our shareholders have been patiently waiting for the day when drilling would commence on the Gama prospect on our Shyri property in Ecuador. As reported this morning (see www.cornerstoneresources.com) that should soon be a reality.
Based on the geological potential of that project alone many analysts and letterwriters were recommending CGP before the moratorium. The following are some examples;
1. On May 15th, 2007 Jay Taylor, writing in the J. Taylor's Gold & Technology Stocks described Cornerstone as "Undervalued" and suggested a BUY up to $0.78. For more information on Jay Taylor go to http://www.miningstocks.com/.
2. On May 18th, 2007 John Kaiser, writing in the Kaiser Bottom Fish Report - Express 2007-02 asked the question, "Can betting on both the Coastport hare and the Cornerstone tortoise be smart?" and answered it with a Yes. For more information on John Kaiser go to http://www.kaiserbottomfish.com.
3. On May 22nd, 2007 Matt Badiali, writing in the S&A Gold Report Update issued his Top Ten Prospect Generator picks in the junior mineral exploration sector. Cornerstone was among that group who were invited to make a presentation to Matt and his clients at the 5th Annual True Wealth Gold & Commodities Conference in Long Beach, CA on May 30th. For more information on Matt Badiali go to http://www.dailywealth.com/ or http://www.stansberryresearch.com/. To view the Power Point presentation made there go to http://www.resourceopportunities.com.
5. On May 31st, 2007 in Chicago at the Doug Casey Gold & Silver Summit, Louie Janes, senior research analyst with the Doug Casey Group, gave Cornerstone (as what was described to me by one attendee) a phenomenal recommendation on the Top micro-cap pick panel. For more information on the Casey Group go to http://www.caseyresearch.com/.
6. On June 4th, 2007 Graeme Irvine, writing in his Global Profiles LLC, featured Cornerstone for the third time in the past year. For more information on Graeme Irvine go to http://www.globalprofiles.net.
*Note -- all references were reprinted with permission.
In an update to shareholders on June 10th, 2007 I made the following comment; "Along with the chip and channel sampling, soil sampling and supportive reports by various independent consultants, the results of the geophysical survey so far supports the geological model we've been using to guide our exploration efforts. Collectively all the work leads us to an interpretation of mineralization at depth below the plateau. This view is also supported by the Ermitas breccia, a late hydrothermal breccia located on the plateau east of the Boquerón zone that contains abundant silicic fragments, locally with pyrite-enargite mineralization. As previously reported, an individual mineralized clast from the breccia returned a grade of 3.0 g/t Au and the breccia matrix returned a grade of 5.7 g/t Au, providing indirect evidence that the breccia has sampled and carried gold mineralization hosted in a silicic zone at depth. These grades indicate potential for discovery of a buried, gold-mineralized, sulphide-bearing silicic zone(s) associated with the broader alteration below the plateau, typical of high sulphidation deposits, including Quimsacocha."
To view comments by Dr. Jeffery W. Hedenquist on the Shyri property or to view other information about the Shyri property and its various high potential targets visit please visit http://www.cornerstoneresources.com
You can view the Previous Corporate Update item: Tue Jan 25, 2011, CEO Letter to Shareholders
You can view the Next Corporate Update item: Fri Apr 16, 2010, Corporate Update
You can return to the main Corporate Update page, or press the Back button on your browser.